Perfect Game Night Snack
These crispy Pizza Sticks are bursting with a full stick of string cheese each and loads of pepperoni for the ultimate fried pizza snack. Only 3 ingredients!
I have hardly done any deep fried foods in the last 3 decades. I don’t own a Fry Daddy or any other deep fryer, but once in a while something like this pops up an I am so tempted to get an air fryer! This is an easy recipe and if you are like me and need to use a skillet, just remember the oil can be saved in a mason jar for later.
Incredible Pizza Sticks
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 12 mozzarella string cheese sticks sliced mostly through lengthwise
- mini pepperonis
- 2 quarts canola or vegetable oil
- marinara dipping sauce for serving
- Set up an area for assembling the pizza sticks.
- Working with one egg roll wrapper at a time, lay an egg roll wrapper on a plate.
- Arrange a cheese stick at one end.
- Fill the cheese stick with pepperoni where it has been sliced lengthwise and arrange additional pepperoni in a line next to the cheese slice.
- Brush all the edges of the egg roll wrapper with water.
- Starting at the end of the wrapper with the cheese stick, roll the wrapper tightly around the cheese stick and the pepperoni.
- When the cheese stick is about 75% rolled, fold in the sides like a burrito and continue rolling.
- Seal the edges of the egg roll wrapper on itself.
- Set aside on a plate covered with a damp paper towel and repeat with remaining wrappers, cheese, and pepperoni.
- Heat oil in a sauce pan, stock pot, or electric deep fryer to 350°F.
- Working in batches, deep-fry 3 to 4 pizza sticks at a time until the egg roll wrapper is golden brown on all sides, about 3 minutes.
- Remove to a plate lined with paper towels and repeat with remaining pizza sticks.
- Serve pizza sticks warm with the marinara dipping sauce on the side if desired.
Quick Tip: Go a little crazy and try different flavored cheese sticks!
Photo and recipe courtesy of Meggan of Culinary Hill
Pages: 1 2