Perfect For Busy Weeknight Meals.
One thing about this dish is that you can swap out the macaroni for rice or quinoa. Yippee! I love that this is a super easy and I have made the quinoa version so many times it has become on of my go to recipes. I love being able to go ahead and make up serving size containers to take along for lunch. In fact this is so good. I don’t even care if I eat it cold.
One Skillet Cheesy Taco Pasta
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups water separated
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 cups elbow macaroni 10 ounces
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1 and 1/2 to 2 cups taco or Mexican shredded cheese
- Optional toppings: green onions, sour cream, diced tomatoes, diced avocado
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet.
- Drain the fat and add in the onion and garlic.
- Stir until onions are translucent – about 30 seconds to a minute on medium-high heat.
- Add in one cup of water, salsa, corn, and taco seasoning.
- Stir well and add in the uncooked pasta and taco sauce.
- Bring to a boil and then lower to low-medium heat and cover the skillet with a lid.
- Let simmer for about 5-7 minutes and then add in the last cup of water and stir everything together again.
- Return lid and let simmer until pasta is tender, about another 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with cheese. Top with optional toppings of choice.
Quick Tip: Serve with a side of salsa and sour cream. To add a bit of extra heat go ahead and toss in some fire roasted
Pages: 1 2